Saturday, January 11, 2014

PTA Perks

Now that I'm the PTA president, a decision that was based on necessity, I need to design an efficient organizational system.  I have TONS of papers to sort and classify.  I was certainly not prepared for the added responsibility. Thankfully, I have tons of help and support from the other officers.  

Our PTA was left without a president at the end of the last school year. There weren't any parents stepping up to take on the role. The guidelines of the NYS PTA state: no president = no funds! If a PTA dissolves, all of the money raised and utilized by the association, is turned over to the greater state-wide PTA. 

Our school relies on funds from the PTA for an assortment of activities and supplies.  Unfortunately, in these uncertain times in our education system, we need the PTA more than ever!

So, I decided that I had to step up for the good of the whole school.  It has been quite an experience. I have learned a lot of "what not to do" for next year...if I'm still active in the role of president.

The first thing I have learned is that you have to be REALLY organized to keep your head above water. I stared a folder that was quickly busting at the seams!  It was an unorganized pile of "stuff" that was difficult to weed through when I needed something quickly.  Look below and don't judge!



At least it's a nice, Vera Bradley folder! Lol. 

I knew this "system" had to go. It was a binder to the rescue!


It came out really cute! The best part is its functionality. It's really user-friendly.



Now there are tabbed sections and pockets to hold loose slips of paper.

The current tabs are labeled for agendas, fund-raisers, box-tops, PTA Perks, and special events.

PTA Perks is a section devoted to showing off all of the great things the PTA has done for our students, teachers, families, and the whole school. It has become my favorite section of the binder!

The sleeve inserts hold cards, invoices, and various scraps of paper that people hand me on a consistent basis. Keeping it all together is absolutely essential.


  
Although it has been a greater responsibility than I could have ever imagined, I'm really enjoying the experience...and of course the PTA Perks!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment